Friday, July 24, 2009

The Silver Lining

So when baby is sick, no one is happy. Does anyone disagree with me on this one? And while it's easy to be miserable, we must remember: there is always a silver lining. (What is this? Some kind of motivational speech?)



Since yesterday morning, Mara has been puking her guts out. Yes, that sucks and it makes me very sad every time she heaves and retches and her face is red and she's crying... BUT I discovered the silver lining.

1 - I discovered that Sumara DOES have FAVORITE blanket. She's usually happy with any of her blankets, but when she's sick, she only wants the one that used to be mine. Problematic because she puked all over it, but now I know.

2 - An unexpected day off is stressful for the pocket book, BUT I was able to get a VERY SMALL amount of unexpected cleaning in.

3 - It made me appreciate my little boy more than ever! He's such a big help... thanks Da!



4 - I learned that there IS something I can give her to at least try and help: Emetrol. Why has no one told me about this before? Even if it doesn't work, it's SOMETHING! And when your little baby is sick, that's worth a lot.

So, here I am. I just got the Emetrol and she puked the first dose up, but it's time for another. If it doesn't work, then she may need some IV fluids. The silver lining of that? Well, maybe it will help her feel better and that's never a bad thing! And at least I get to spend some solid time with my little girl. :) I hope everyone else's weekend is spectacular.

1 comment:

Capttyphoon said...

Awwww you poor lady and baby! Glad she's doing better and had a good birthday!! Oh by the by, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU very soon!