Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day weekend... in a nutshell.

Nate went to the sand dunes, so I made my own plans.

Saturday night we took Da and Ty shopping for some way cool birthday presents for their parents.
We camped out on Grandma Kelly's front lawn and Ty slept over.
Then we got up early and hiked to the Timpanogos Cave. According to Ty, it was 100 miles up, then 100 miles back.

... amazingly, all 13 of us made it the 100 miles to the cave.

Then we toured the cave.
Guess what we did next! We hiked back down to the bottom.
I know it's only September, but I did some Christmas shopping.
Monday we got up and went to the sheep dog trials... They are so interesting to watch. These dogs just LIVE to do this.

And we got to pet a baby camel... and we got sunburnt.

Then we went to Granny's and got ice cream. Yummy!
Then we packed up and went home.
Nate and I had chinese take-out and watched a movie then went to bed. So tired!
Tuesday after Da got home from school, I drove the Alpine loop and took the kids to Cascade Springs.


Good times.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Alisha, it sounds like you had a great time! I want to hike timp sometime but was worried the kids were too little. How was it with them? It sounds like they loved it!

Alisha said...

It wasn't bad at all. It allowed me to rest really often because the 5 year olds needed to rest. Not only was I out of shape, but I was packing Mara as well. I guess most people hike it in 45min to an hour and it took the group of us 1hr and 10 minutes.