Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yeah, I'm a slacker...

But in my own defense, things have been busy. Ok? Here's a run down on the last couple of months. January came and went. Nothing exciting. February came and went. There you go. J/k.

So January... There was a belated work Christmas party... and we went on a double date with Angela from my work and her husband, Jason. Have I mentioned that Angela makes me laugh EVERY DAY, without fail? Even if I'm not with her. She cracks me up and I wish we hung out more. Anyway, then best part of the date? It was FREE! We all got gift cards for Christmas, so those bought us dinner, then we just came back to our house and watched stupid-funny movie. Otherwise, January wasn't real exciting.

February: I got new clogging shoes. (I'm in love with them.) I was tagged in some photos from our Olympic performances as the anniversary came and went, and I made my first ever, wicked-awesome diaper cakes. I. Am. Awesome. Taxes done.We put the expedition up for sale (still for sale), and Matt and Nikki got hitched. Nate got me flowers for V's Day and I had a good friend of mine make Nate a sugar-free cake. It was DELISH! We had a baby shower for Holly and are so excited about a little girl!  I went to Vegas for the Western Vet Conference. I love learning. It was some good times, but I missed my kids dearly being gone from them for 5 days. I started reading The Hunger Games and got totally addicted, so I had to read all 3 in a matter of weeks. As a side note, who allowed me to become such a sap? I cry at EVERYTHING I swear! Papa actually got a birthday this year (Feb 29), so we had a grand ol' party for him with all his kiddos. Mara filled up her potty chart and is doing pretty well. It's still such a chore to remind her to go. I guess I really had it good when Da potty trained himself in a week flat.

AND, in the few days of March that have been by, we had our KOC Thanksgiving Point competition. It was Da's first competition and he got a 1st in Freestyle! Such a proud mama. Our team did really well... because we are awesome. I placed first in all my individuals, but I was the only one in the category - not uncommon since I'm "old" and in the 26 and over category. Hahahahaha! You can see the videos on FB (since I can't seem to get them to work on Blogger). I signed up for the Disney Movie Club and am very excited. (I know, the things that excite us as we get older...) The latest and greatest news? I'm training to do the Tough Mudder challenge. Today was Day 2 of training, and I'm pretty sure my legs and arms are going to fall off. Only 7 more months to go!!! Look it up and hit me up if you wanna be on our team. You can do it!

And now, random pics:





No comments: