Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lots of little things...

Sumara
So Sumara is 5 weeks old today! Yee-haw! She has started smiling in response to me now (which is cool) and has officially started having blow-outs (not so cool). On the up-side, she can actually wear her pants without them falling off now, but she looks like she's a home-girl in them still (yo, wickie) and she's decided that bath time isn't so bad. In all aspects though, she's totally adorable. I go back to work next week and I know she'll drink breast milk from a bottle, so hopefully she'll adjust okay to daycare for a few hours a day. And please bless that she'll be bilingual!!! I'm still waiting for Damian to start speaking Spanish...




Damian
I took Damian to the state fair yesterday, which for those of us who have access to farm life, it's not really a big deal, but at the state fair yesterday, happened to be VEGGIE TALES LIVE!!! OMG! I don't really have much to do with veggie tales, but Da has all the books and being stuck at home with me for the last 5 weeks, he has a lot of wiggles to get out. So we saw the tiger show, sped through the animal barns, ate some pizza, then watched the craze of veggie tales live! He really enjoyed most of it. I mean, c'mon, he's a kid. My personal fave - the cheeseburger song.

It's only taken me like 1+ years to accomplish this task, but I finally convinced Da to get on a horse again. And, that's not all, he's going to show again on Sept. 20th! (meaning he sits on the horse while my mom leads the horse and I walk around the arena next to him.) For a kid, it's a big deal... just think 'baby steps'. He's officially learned that getting thrown from a horse isn't the end of the world... something anyone who rides a horse must know.

Nate vs. Chester
If you've never met Chester, you will never be able to appreciate how loud and obnoxious he truly can be (unless of course you've had a moluccan cockatoo before). With me being home the last few weeks, he gets a lot more time out of his cage which is nice not only for him, but I've noticed that the more time he gets out of his cage, the less time he spends screaming and being destructive - which is uber-cool for me and my house. The time when this isn't the case? When Nate is home. I'm guessing it goes back to the fact that Nate is a guy and it was a guy who hit Chester up-side the head and broke his beak, but still. We've had him since April and so far, I can touch him, and my sister's husband has been able to touch him. Don't get me wrong. I've made a LOT of progress with Chester in the time that we've had him, but birds aren't dumb. Anywho.... So the other day, he hardly made a sound all day long. As soon as Nate walked in the door - screaming for who knows how long. And Nate happened to have the whole weekend off...

2 comments:

Holly said...

She is getting sooo big. Good for Da getting on the horse. Hey if Neat is home this weekend, friday, saturday or sunday let go out for dinner or do dinner together here. We miss you guys. If you need anything call. I am always home board out of my mind.
Love ya
Holly

Kristy said...

She is so cute. The last picture of her is my fave.
Glad Da is open to getting back on a horse--that's great for him. You can't have horse-haters in your family!
Good luck back at work!