
Mine is obviously not that full of stones... Anyway, so I spoke with my Dr. about what to do. He told me that it's entirely up to me if I want my gall bladder removed or not. He said that if I only have the pain once in a while and it's tolerable, then not to. BUT, if I'm having the pain once a month then I should probably have it removed. So far I can think of 3 times for sure, and maybe a 4th. Then I need to consider that even if I'm not passing a stone, if I eat anything remotely fatty or even a decent sized meal, I feel all rumbly in my tumbly. Of course, finances are always a concern too. We just started the HSA in January, so I know I don't have enough in there to cover my deductible. BUT (there's always a but) with all the Dr.'s visits and tests I've already had done, I'm that much closer to meeting my deductible (as opposed to waiting another year to have surgery when I'd have to start over on my deductible). SO... thoughts? Maybe wait til closer to the end of the year when I have more in my HSA and live with the rumblies and intermittent pain? Or...?
Moving on. Mara has been sick the last few days (fever of 103.6 at it's highest, vomiting, etc.). I'm happy to announce that she is feeling MUCH better today. That's so nice, except that I've been cleaning the house and I've now made her bed and swept the floor 3 times each. At least I'm getting something done! And it's always nice to have your baby feeling better!
Alright. Here we are to the most important issue of all!!! BROWNIES!!! There is this whole new thing where you can insert this divider thingy before you bake your brownies and have them be all edge pieces.

At first I thought "Who, in their right mind, would ever want ALL edges!?" Well, as it turns out, my family is split. Some like the edges, and some like the middles. I can see how both are yummy for different reasons, but I think overall, I'm a middle type person. How about you?
2 comments:
Holy Hannah Lisha!!! I'm so sorry about your stones and Mara! Teryl just had that surgery a couple of weeks ago! Ugh. Feel better!!
I am an edge person! :)
k that gal bladder picture is HORRIBLE!!! and to have the BEAUTIFUL picture of brownies right below it??? I LOVE brownies with nuts--they are my most favorite treat. I really love the edges the best too because they have that good crunchy texture. but if they don't have nuts, I don't see a point in eating the edges or the middle!!!
Post a Comment