Thursday, July 24, 2008

Meet our latest rescue Jenga!!!


Everyone, I'd like you to meet Jenga. She's an 8 1/2 month old boxer that was going to be put to sleep... until I said NO WAY!!! So here's the scoop: she's a pretty active pup (as to be expected from a boxer) and apparently the owners would play fetch with her by hitting her ball with a baseball bat so it would go further. Well, long story short, Jenga got in the way and was slammed up side her noggin full force with the bat and her jaw didn't stand a chance. She was able to put it back in place on her own, but it was still broken. So, my boss, who happens to be a fabulous orthopedic surgeon, wants to pin her jaw back together and the owner says it's too expensive and wants to put her to sleep. (How much did you pay for a purebred boxer!?) So, we got them to sign her over to me and I said go forth we surgery and now I have a new puppy with some fabulous head gear (who is already spayed, vaccinated, and potty trained BTW)! She still needs some training, but who doesn't? The good part? I get to feed her mushy food for a whole month!!! Yay for me!!!


Now here's the best part. I call Nate and say "You like boxers, right?" He says yeah. So I say, "You want one?" And he says "I guess, only if they're gently used." I'm thinking to myself 'is this how he says as long as they're not ancient and going to croak right away'. I say "She's only 8 months old! How used is that?" And that's when he says "OH! A dog!" The whole time, he thought I was trying to give him used boxer shorts!!! At least we all know where he stands with his unders...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats on the new puppy! She's cute, even with her poor little lopsided jaw! Poor baby! And seriously about the people paying all that money for her and then wanting to put her to sleep...people really suck sometimes. Glad you were able to step in and take care of her, especially now that you're about to have your baby! You're super-woman! And I love Nate's story--too funny!

Capttyphoon said...

Oh the cuteness!!!!