Friday, August 8, 2008

Sumara has arrived!




Most of you already know this, but Sumara Donna has arrived. We originally expected her to come on Monday (as my contractions were every 10 min.) but then the hospital sent me home because we weren't making any progress. And a couple hours later, my contractions pretty much stopped. We sat around at home just waiting, and nothing happened. So Tuesday I went to work, then went to the Dr for my regularly scheduled check-up and he thought I would have her Wednesday night. Well, that evening, my water broke (which just sucks BTW), so back to the hospital we go. She finally came on Wednesday August 6, 2008 at 6:38am weighing 6lbs. 11 oz. at 19in. long. She looked like a little old man when she first came out, then she looked like a little keebler elf the rest of the day. She is starting to look more like a little girl now though.




PS - Kudos to any of you who have ever done natural birth. I was going to have Sumara natural... that was until I changed my mind. I made it until 1am or so until I requested IV drugs to take the edge off, and about 4:30am (after they used oxytocin to encourage my contractions to be more productive) I wussed out. Anesthesiologist to the rescue! It may not be so bad if you actually had time to recover between contractions, but even after I got the epidural my body was all strung out. An hour after getting my epidural, I was ready to go. And to think I would have had another hour of all that pain without being able to even have IV narcotics! (You can only have IV drugs until you dilate to an 8.) At least I can say I tried. That was all I wanted and now I know... I will never do that again (partially because I'm done having kids...)

No comments: