I know, I've got to be better about posting on this thing. Maybe that's what I'll do Monday mornings... Anyway, I think I'm going to start limiting the pics I put on facebook and post more extensive photos on here. I think I like that idea. Anyway... a lot has happened since April.
April brought us to the Tulip Festival for a clogging performance. Da is still clogging and is loving it. I hope other kids don't convince him it is uncool or something later on. Frankly, he can do whatever it is that he wants to do.
EASTER!!! I grew up on a farm in Lehi, so when we have an easter egg hunt, it truly is one heck of a hunt! (And Nate secretly really likes coloring easter eggs.)
Da graduated from the first grade in May and daycare put on a little show with the kids. Mara LOVES to dance! I really want to get her started in a dance class, but she can't start clogging until she's 4 and all the other dance classes seem so expensive. I'm thinking of starting my own little neighborhood class just to get her started. We'll see. We went to Moab again in June - but did a lot more this time.
Delicate Arch
Dead Horse Point
Mesa Arch
The "Giant Sandbox" (which is just Moab) and Hole N the Rock and the Ostrich that was pretty dang possessive of "his" food!
Landscape Arch and G
At some point we went to the zoo. We do this every year around Father's Day.
Just a totally adorable picture I found!
4th of July with the Jackson's!
My friend Cindi gave us tix to an Owlz game. Mara was pretty much in love with Holly and followed her around all night!
Da took swimming lessons over the summer and totally rocked them, and July was the month of birthday fun!!! Mara was so excited to have 2 full weeks of birthday fun since we started with Katelyn's birthday and ended with Mara's 2 weeks later in August. My little girl is 3!!! She got to go to Build-A-Bear for her birthday!
Then in August we braved a family trip to Yellowstone. I say we braved it because it was 6 adults and 7 children. Yikes! BUT, it all turned out pretty good. It was good weather this time around and we saw lots of animals. Good times.
Day 1 - Old Faithful Area and West Thumb
Day 2 - Mammoth Hot Springs Area, Tower Falls, and some other falls
Jr. Ranger!
Day 3 - Artist Point and the hike to the brink of the Upper Falls
Right after we got back, Da started 2nd grade. Are you kidding me? When did I get a 2nd grader!?
Then, we did our first annual Timp Challenge at my work. Basically, we hike to the top of Timpanogos Mountain. We started at midnight and hiked, and hiked, and hiked, and hiked. Nate and I made it to the meadow near Emerald Lake, but then his joints were giving him grief. And man, was I tired! (I don't function well without sleep anymore.) We called it quits and headed back down. On the way down we saw the sun rise, I took Nate up to see Scout Falls, then we saw a moose (Yay for Nate!). The thing about hiking at night, is you really don't have any idea how far you've gone. Which is good and bad. Good because we had no idea we had climbed up 3 mountains. Bad because there was nothing to occupy me except the monotony of hiking - one foot after the after - over and over and over again. Next year, Nate is going to stay home with the kids and I will see you at the top gosh dang it! (Pics coming when I can find my camera...)
This past Friday I got my dental implant - finally. It was wicked awesome and I wish I could have watched it. I mean, I was awake, but I could only see what he was putting in. It would have been way cooler to see what was going on inside my mouth. So, in about 3 months, I'll get a crown and actually be able to use that side for chewing! I know. Pathetic that I'm so excited about that, right? But really, how many people have a metal rod in their lower jaw? I feel pretty good about it.










































No comments:
Post a Comment